Monday, November 7, 2011

Marathon madness

Standing there cheering at the foot of the Palaski Bridge, I embraced the full fledge fan in me. Watching, appreciating and trying to absorb the full impact of each runners race. Whether on foot or in carriage, I was witnessing a monumental day in all of these peoples lives. A day that they would talk about, think about, ruminate about to various people throughout their life... the day they participated in the NYC marathon. This is a goal that keeps people focus, gives their life meaning.  I watched for hours, starring, trying to peak into their souls and spirits, to get closer, to understand the motivation and what kept them going all of the preceding months. If I can nderstand , then I can motivate someone else to achieve and get out of their own way. Some runners, at mile 13 were laughing, hi-fiving, some looked pained, some focused. All were joined together, all 47,000 strong in their determination.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you look for ways to invest in others...to keep us motivated and move out of our own way!

    ReplyDelete