Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Love, mommy

My role as mother will never disappear but my job as mother is officially over. I started thirty years ago giving birth to vanessa,my first of three daughters. This weekend will be the college graduation of my third daughter maddy,from Ithaca college. It only took thirty years to complete the job. That's one hell of a long project. olivia and vanessa have been watching the old home videos from their early life. Their comments are.. You were so patient... That looks so chaotic... You were a magical mom... And it all is making sense now! It's fascinating to hear their take on things. These are women whose opinions I respect, but back then they couldn't comment because they were still forming. We were all in it together and now we are out of that phase and in another together.  I like the new phase. . My three daughters and I have worked out a new way of being together.... Apart. Vanessa, Olivia, Maddy ... I loved you so hard and raised you so well. It's your turn now! Love mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment